Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The documentary "Helvetica" was very interesting to me. I never considered spacing, negative space, or even     the way in which letters are curved while looking at the common font. The popular font has become so common that people, including myself, do not even see it anymore. Helvetica is everywhere, yet cine  we see it so often we stop seeing it. It was also very interesting to learn about what interpretation the font brought to the person during time and how much that has changed. Helvetica today is a font that is most often overlooked. It is usually interpreted as boring or serious. Many designers today have used helvetica as a challenge to bring a different interpretation and feeling to the viewer. In my opinion, it is indeed a great challenge to give off a comical, playful,and  fun feeling with helvetica rather than a serious and boring one. One thing I know for sure is that my perspective of helvetica has dramatically changed as I now have learned about the common and often overlooked font.

No comments:

Post a Comment